Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sour Cream Beef Casserole

Here is another recipe from my mom which I can never get to taste quite like hers. I should probably just quit measuring.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey, cooked and drained of excess fat
  • 1 can mixed vegetables (can substitute 1 can corn and/or 1 can green beans)
  • 1 tsp. beef bouillion or 1 beef bouillion cube
  • 2 cups water
  • 1-1/2 cups elbow macaroni
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • French fried onions
Dissolve bouillion in water. Heat to boiling and add noodles. Cook until done, about 5 minutes. There should be a little bit of extra water, but not much. Add cooked meat, vegetables, and sour cream. Cook on low about 5 minutes, until sauce thickens. Add French fried onions. Mom always stirred a few in with the meat and veggies, and then put some on top just before serving.
I would have taken a picture, but I used corn and beans instead of the standard mixed veggies, and I didn't have any French fried onions. So really, this was not quite the same this time around, but I still wanted to share the recipe, because it's been one of my favorites since I was little!

No comments:

Post a Comment