Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

My First Roast!

Are you sick of me updating about my New Year's Resolutions lately? I've been on a cooking kick, which is why I've had more food than crafts. When it's as cold out as it has been the past couple weeks, being in the kitchen makes me warm and cozy.

I got my roast and veggies ready to go. First up, I seared the roast in some butter for about 10 minutes to seal in the flavors and moisture. This is what the handy Internet told me to do.


Then off into the crockpot it went! I added some veggie broth and water, garlic, pepper, and Lawry's seasoned salt, and my carrots, onions, and potatoes.

I cooked it on low all day long, but the meat itself was fully cooked after about 5 hours. I like to think the extra couple hours just sealed in the flavor. It was really moist, and quite delicious, if I do say so myself. And aside from the initial prep work, it was REALLY EASY! I love meals like that!


No comments:

Post a Comment