Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2013

Menu Plan Monday and Southwest Chicken Casserole Recipe

This week is the Real Food Challenge.  Here is my plan for the week.  I think sticking with the breakfasts and the snacks will be the hardest part, but hopefully I can get a few things made ahead of time so we won't run into issues.

Breakfasts:
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins x2
  • Oatmeal with Dried Fruit and Nuts x2
  • Pancakes or Waffles x2
  • Eggs & Toast or Another Muffin (if I get ambitious)
Lunches:
  • PB&J for the boys/Soups for Jesse and me x2
  • Ham Sandwiches x2
  • Apple Quesadillas x2
  • Muffin Tin Lunch
Soups will be Homemade Chili with some venison we got from my father-in-law, and Chicken Noodle.


Dinners:

Monday/Tuesday: Multi-Bean Soup, Homemade Bread (this is my favorite bread recipe)
Wednesday/Thursday: Veggie Pot Pie
Friday: Southwest Chicken Casserole with Corn (recipe below)
Saturday: Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
Sunday: Crockpot Beef & Broccoli for me and Jesse, leftover mac & cheese for the boys

Snacks:
Southwest Chicken Casserole
(serves 3-4)

Ingredients
Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions.  In large pan, combine cream cheese, seasoning, and water over low to medium heat until melted.  Stir in chicken and pasta.  Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.  Optional (but delicious!): add 1 cup frozen corn with the chicken and pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment