Search This Blog


Monday, January 7, 2013

Menu Plan Monday and Southwest Chicken Casserole Recipe

This week is the Real Food Challenge.  Here is my plan for the week.  I think sticking with the breakfasts and the snacks will be the hardest part, but hopefully I can get a few things made ahead of time so we won't run into issues.

  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins x2
  • Oatmeal with Dried Fruit and Nuts x2
  • Pancakes or Waffles x2
  • Eggs & Toast or Another Muffin (if I get ambitious)
  • PB&J for the boys/Soups for Jesse and me x2
  • Ham Sandwiches x2
  • Apple Quesadillas x2
  • Muffin Tin Lunch
Soups will be Homemade Chili with some venison we got from my father-in-law, and Chicken Noodle.


Monday/Tuesday: Multi-Bean Soup, Homemade Bread (this is my favorite bread recipe)
Wednesday/Thursday: Veggie Pot Pie
Friday: Southwest Chicken Casserole with Corn (recipe below)
Saturday: Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
Sunday: Crockpot Beef & Broccoli for me and Jesse, leftover mac & cheese for the boys

Southwest Chicken Casserole
(serves 3-4)

Cook pasta according to package directions.  In large pan, combine cream cheese, seasoning, and water over low to medium heat until melted.  Stir in chicken and pasta.  Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.  Optional (but delicious!): add 1 cup frozen corn with the chicken and pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment