Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Coupon Organization Redo (Again!)

Back in October sometime, I got kind of burnt out on couponing.  I decided to take a simpler approach since I wasn't doing much any more.  So I transferred my system from clipping every coupon and sorting them in envelopes in a tub to just filing the inserts.  However...

After a few months, this is what that turned into.


Pile after pile of inserts, plus some coupons I had printed off or received in the mail that just didn't have a home.

I also think part of the problem was that my accordion file didn't have enough room for very many weeks of inserts, and I didn't have a good timeline in place for when to get rid of the old and move in the new.

So...I decided to go back to my old system.  It does take more time to clip and sort them all, but I know where everything is, and I can actually use the coupons that I want without struggling to find them.  Plus, I can generally clip and sort them all while watching a tv show during naptime, so for now, it's still worth the effort.


I clip them into the basket (or throw the random ones I get with samples and whatnot in there), and then sort them into the appropriate envelopes in the tub.  Sometimes trial and error is the best way to figure out what works for you!

I still keep my most used coupons in my small accordion file in my purse, which has a section for each store, along with baby and cereal coupons, since those are what I use the most.



How do you organize your coupons?

No comments:

Post a Comment