Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Iron Craft Challenge 2: Orange

One of my favorite colors is orange, so I was excited to see that as the challenge theme this week.  I also still wanted to attempt some circle punch art, to try out my new punches that I got for Christmas.  So I grabbed a stack of orange magazine pages and got to punching.


Last year for one of the Iron Craft challenges, I made my note card journal.  I like it and have been keeping up with it, but it has been bugging me for awhile that it was still in the ugly baby wipes container.


I peeled off the label, and mod podged on some of my circles.  The label left some sticky-ness, so I just put a few coats over the whole thing to get rid of that.  It's not perfect (especially some of the corners), but it's a lot better than it was!



In fact, it kind of reminds me of my first car...I had a blue Chevy Corsica in college, which my dad knew wouldn't be re-sold, so he let me paint a line of orange polka dots on it (I wanted to do the whole thing in polka dots, but we compromised).  Ah, the memories!

1 comment: