Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Iron Craft Challenge 1: Cotton

I thought about putting "participate in Iron Craft 2013" on my goals list, but with 2 blog challenges and several other projects already on there, I wasn't sure if that was realistic.  Still, I do want to try to do these challenges.  I was not that great at it last year, although I do enjoy looking at all of the other crafters' projects.

The theme for this first challenge was cotton.  Sometime last year, I bought a few rolls of cotton yarn to make some dishcloths.  I made two each of two colors, but for some reason I never finished this color.  Time to fix that!



I am no expert knitter, so these are simple 40x60 and 30x44 stitched cloths on #7 needles.  I like the size of the bigger one better, but the skein of yarn only had enough to just make these, with about six inches of yarn to spare.  These homemade rags do the job, and the ridges from the knitting actually make these better scrubbers than my store-bought dish rags.  Yay homemade!

No comments:

Post a Comment