Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Menu Plan Monday and Corn Muffin Recipe

Lunches:
  • Ham & Cheese Waffles (the boys and I thought these were okay when we had them, so we'll eat them for lunch)
  • English Muffin Pizzas
  • PB&J/Soups
  • Turkey Sandwiches
I will make a batch of Veggie Tomato Soup and Creamy Tomato Soup for some of Jesse's and my lunches, while the boys will have other things.

Dinners:

Monday/Tuesday: Slow Cooker Red Bean Jamaican Stew, Mini Corn Muffins
Wednesday/Thursday: Cheesy Chicken Rice Casserole (the boys didn't do well with the wild rice last time, so we'll just be using brown rice this time)
Friday: Chicken Mushroom Tortilla Pizzas
Saturday/Sunday: Mini Turkey Loaves, Green Beans


Mini Corn Muffins (makes 24 mini muffins or 12 regular muffins)

Ingredients:
  • 1-1/2 cups flour (I use whole wheat)
  • 2-1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 3/4 cups cornmeal
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
Directions:

In microwave safe dish, melt butter.  Add milk and eggs.  (Important! Add milk first to cool down the butter, or your eggs will start to scramble.  I cannot tell you how many times I did that until I made a note of it on my recipe card.)  Add dry ingredients and stir to combine, just until moist.  Bake in greased muffin cups at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes for mini muffins, or 22-25 minutes for regular muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment