Search This Blog

Friday, July 20, 2012

Cherry Apple Popsicles

Growing up, one of my favorite parts of summertime was popsicles.  I was always a fan of the fudge pops, but I occasionally branched out into other flavors, and cherry is pretty much a classic when it comes to popsicles.

Enter the bowl of cherries.  These are after I pitted and halved them all.  And after Jonah stole about 12 of them.  The boy likes his fruits and veggies, at least when Mom is cutting them up.  I make sure to do that when he's awake if I can.


After cutting and pitting that many cherries, your hands might look like you've murdered someone.  For the next 2 days.


Small price to pay?  I think so.  Better than onion smelling hands.  I get those a lot.  And, in case you were wondering, Jonah eats those straight from the cutting board too.  But that's a story for another day...

 
Cherry Apple Popsicles (adapted from this recipe):

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups cherries, pitted and halved
  • 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt (or whatever flavor you have)
  • 1/3 cup apple juice
Directions:
Put in the blender.  Liquify. (I'm all about easy recipes)


Pour into popsicle molds.  This filled my six little 3oz. molds, with enough left for Jonah to drink a tiny glass of cherry goo.  You could also add ice before blending, and this becomes a cherry apple smoothie, another yummy summer treat. 


These little babies are pretty low-calorie, at about 40 each, and they're still a sweet treat.


Another popsicle win!  What sweet treats have you had this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment