Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Handmade Christmas Gifts: Felt Animal Book

Today's project is the one that took the longest, and that I almost gave up on.  I saw this little felt book idea in a link-up, and I thought, "Oh that's cute.  I could do that for my niece!"  And then I started.
The fabric I picked for the cover from my random bin of fabrics was a silky one.  Very pretty.  Very unforgiving. I had to redo the cover, because the first time it pulled wonky and didn't lay flat.
I don't sew very well.  I mostly taught myself.  So there are plenty of imperfections in this book.
But it's still really cute!  
The little pouch at the back holds all the clothes for the three animals to dress up in.
Some are casual.  
Some are seasonal.
My favorite is the little tuxedo and the kitchen apron.  I really had a lot of fun coming up with some different outfits!
So the back pouch is kind of full.  I opted for snaps to hold the whole thing shut, because that's easier for a kid than tying a ribbon.  I think.  I hope.
Helpful Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment