Search This Blog

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Weekly Goals: December 27-January 2

One of my favorite traditions from when I was younger was having an appetizer feast on Christmas Eve, where each family member gets to pick an appetizer that they want.  I picked jalapeno poppers, of course, and Jesse picked this copycat Olive Garden fonduta, which is a pie plate of melted cheese and bacon.  Jonah picked blue jello, and the rest of the kids didn't really have an opinion yet.  It was a fun thing to bring from my childhood to my family now!

Last Week's Goals:
  • Finish Christmas presents.  I did!  The morning of December 23, but I did!
  • Make a projects list for 2016.  Done (see below).  It's actually not as long as I thought.  These are not goals (I'll be posting soon-ish on why I don't set yearly goals or make resolutions any more), but they're extra things that I've been meaning to do but haven't gotten to yet.
  • Look into listening to a few podcasts.  Not done, but I'm working on it.  Anyone have a good suggestion for an app to listen through, or should I just stick with iTunes?  
This Week's Goals:
  • Do a bit of toy clearing out and organization, now that we have new Christmas presents to put away.  Some people do this before Christmas.  We do it after, so the kids know what they're making room for.
  • See how many thank you notes I have and maybe make some more.
  • Write thank you notes.  We split these up - I write all family notes throughout the year, and Jesse writes church member notes.  So I get a lot around birthdays, but this is his busy time.
My pretty pink planner that Jesse got for me because he knew I would love it.  He knows me so well!

2016 Projects List:
  • Make our 2015 family photo book on Shutterfly.  I've done one of these for the past 4 years or so, and it's a nice way to get some pictures printed out and saved without being too clutter-y.  The kids love looking at them too.
  • Update the baby books.  I've kept up on writing most of the dates and what not, but I need to order a bunch of pictures and finish them up.
  • Sell Legos on eBay.
  • Sell baby clothes on eBay or maybe Schoola.
  • Finish KonMari.  I have the miscellaneous category left, which is obviously the biggest.
  • Put my organ music into an excel spreadsheet by name, tune name, season, etc. so I can easily look up to see if I have anything to match the hymns for the week.  My sister and mom have both done this and have said it makes it a lot easier to choose music.
  • Organize our home videos.  We have various digital videos of the kids, and I want to at least create a folder for each child with their videos so far (think first steps, blowing out birthday candles, etc.).  At some point I'd like to combine them into one big movie with dates and descriptions added so they can watch it, but for now, just getting the files in one spot will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment