Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2015

White Chocolate Treat Mix

When we visited my parents over Thanksgiving, my mom gave me some extra almond bark that she wasn't going to use.  I knew I wanted to make some sort of treat, and one that the girls could actually eat (although we'll probably still make some more of these!).
So we came up with a popcorn Chex mix that is easy to make and really tasty.

Ingredients:
  • about 10 cups popped popcorn
  • about 3 cups Chex cereal
  • about 1/2 cup M&Ms or candy of your choice
  • about 1/2 package almond bark, melted
Directions:
Mix the first three ingredients in a large bowl.  Dump almond bark on top and stir to coat.  Pour onto a parchment lined cookie sheet (or two) and let cool/harden.  

You'll notice all the ingredients are approximate.  This is what I used for this batch.  You could add in other things to this mix too.
  • pretzels
  • peanut butter chips
  • any kind of nuts
  • chocolate chips
  • small candies like rolos or mini reeses
You'd need more almond bark depending on what and how much you add.  The possibilities are pretty endless though!  What would you put in your treat mix?

2 comments: