Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Handmade Christmas: Handprint Calendars

If you haven't guessed by now, I like to make some of the presents that we give out for Christmas.  I truly enjoy making things for others, and it usually saves us some money as well.  Plus, I like to think that the recipients enjoy these gifts as well!  
I saw the idea for a handprint/footprint calendar awhile ago, and we ended up making two of them this year, for Jesse's mom and for my parents.
I involved all of the kids, and we set to painting.  The first time around we did the painting over three days, and the second time we just powered through and did the whole thing all at once.  I don't know if either method is better, but I know from a painting-is-chaos-at-my-house perspective, it was easier for me to have one crazy time and then be done as opposed to getting the mess out a few days in a row.
I went with mostly seasonally appropriate items, although we did a bunny for Easter because I couldn't come up with a Jesus-y one that wasn't weird.
My favorite is probably these footprint tulips, if only because it has all four kids' feet on it.
Helpful Links:


I made sure to label what each picture is, and whose hand or foot made it.  This was a really fun project, and the kids liked it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment