Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Why I Don't Need an IKEA...

Since I have been doing lots of organizing lately, it's only fitting that I've been spending some time looking at organizing blogs. Because I like looking at how other people have their stuff. Is that weird? I hope not.

It's a good thing I'm not near an IKEA, because everyone uses IKEA products, and I almost always think, "That's a great idea!" when I see some of their uses for them. Especially these Expedit shelves. Everyone has them. I think my favorite theme of IKEA products so far, though, has been spice racks. While those shelves run at least $150, these little spice racks are $3.99 apiece, and just look at some of the fun you can have with them:

This is the one that started it all: spice racks on a dresser for extra childrens' book storage.


Use them in a bathroom to get all the bottles off the counter.


Shelving for all sorts of pictures, knick-knacks, and whatnot.


Okay, I'm not sure those last ones are IKEA ones, but you get the idea...

And chances are, next time I'm there, I will probably pick a couple of these up, because I think they are just awesome. I'm thinking all of the above ideas, plus showcasing cookbooks in the kitchen. Okay, I might need more than a couple...

And no, IKEA did not sponsor this post, but I think these are all awesome ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment