Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Books I've Read: 2015

This stack is my "to be read soon" pile from our bookshelf at home.  

In 2015, I set a goal on GoodReads of reading 30 books, which I thought was a pretty reasonable goal.  I ended up finishing 17, and I think a big part of that is that I let other forms of entertainment steal the little bits of quiet time that I had.  So this year, my goal is 25 books.  That's two books per month, plus one extra somewhere in there.  I think it's doable, as long as I consistently make an effort to read.
Before you think I'm forcing this upon myself, let me tell you that reading is my favorite hobby.  So why don't I make more time for it?

I'll be sharing more about the ways I'm using my new planner in the next week or two, but one of my tricks is to write down my ONE THING every day.  This is one thing that I want to do, that I want to make time for, and a lot of the time, it ends up being reading.  By writing it down, I'm more likely to make it happen.

But before we get too far into this year, here's what I read last year (the month name is a link to my reviews for that month):

January

  • Confessions of a Raging Perfectionist: Learning to Be Free by Amanda Jenkins
  • Brick by Brick: How Lego Rewrote the Rules of Innovation and Conquered the Global Toy Industry by David C. Robertson.
  • The Loyalty of Pawns by Theron Couch
  • This Is What You Just Put In Your Mouth? by Patrick Di Justo
  • The Frugal Life: The Simple Path to Living a Good Life on a Budget by Michelle Stewart
  • The Unexpected Joys of a Tight Grocery Budget by Carissa Casey
  • A Faerie Fated Forever by Mary Anne Graham
  • Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin (this one got its own post)
  • A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
  • The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
  • Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  • The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
  • The History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
  • What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
  • The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig
  • Money Making Mom by Crystal Paine
December
  • Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin (I don't think I ever posted a review on this one, but I enjoyed it for the most part, and I think it's a really good guide to push women into studying their Bibles with practical steps on how to do so)
Some were really good! Some were okay.  Only one was really awful.  I enjoyed the non-fiction more than the fiction this year, but maybe that's because I had really high expectations for the books that I chose, and they just didn't quite live up to them.  

Do you set a reading goal for yourself each year?  Or are you on GoodReads?  Come be my friend and I'll stalk your book list for good ones check out what you're reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment