Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Books I've Read: June 2015

No picture this time around, because these were all on my Kindle.  But here's what I read this time around...

The Frugal Life: The Simple Path To Living A Good Life On A Budget by Michelle Stewart.  This was one of the "less than 100 pages" books on my Kindle that I got for free at some point.  Most of this book was pretty common sense, review stuff.  Declutter and sell stuff, meal plan, use coupons, budget.

The one takeaway I got from it was an example in the first chapter about eating out.  The author and her husband realized they were spending quite a bit on meals out and grabbing food quickly on busy nights.  So they made a rule to have one dinner out each month with appetizers and dessert and the works, and if they had busy nights that they didn't have time to cook, they settled on pizza or sub sandwiches or something cheaper that still worked.  We've talked about doing something similar - limiting ourselves to one takeout/treat per week, but we haven't fully implemented it yet, and this reminded me of that.

Overall, this was a quick read, but nothing too exciting.

The Unexpected Joys Of A Tight Grocery Budget by Carissa Casey.  This was literally a five minute read.  The book is broken down into ten super short chapters, each outlining the benefit of a small grocery budget.  This was a good reminder that keeping the grocery budget in check can be beneficial, and there were a few aspects I hadn't thought about for awhile.  I think when I downloaded this book, though, I expected it to be more than it was.  Like I said, it was really short.  I was looking for more specifics and examples, and that wasn't what it was.

A Faerie Fated Forever by Mary Anne Graham.  This one started out innocently enough, and then it just went downhill  The story was cute, and I was mildly interested in seeing what was going to predictably happen, but too much sex.  This was one of those that I got for free on my Kindle once upon a time a few years ago.  I wanted a light fluffy read, and it was that, but it was also smutty.

But hey! I read some books this month!

Total books read this month: 3.  Total books read this year: 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment