Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I Like Periscope!

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed an orange bowl popping up on the side of some of my food and kitchen pictures.  That's because lately, when I'm in the kitchen, I've been plopping my phone in there and turning on "one of the ladies", as Hannah calls them, on Periscope.  (That's a speaker trick I found on Pinterest, by the way)

I'm in the kitchen a lot, people.

Behind homeschooling, making food is how I spend a big chunk of my day.  So why not make it more fun?  While I'm chopping veggies, mixing up a batch of muffins, or doing a load of dishes, I can listen to one of my favorite bloggers talk about something I'm really interested in.  I usually spend about an hour before lunch, and at least an hour before dinner, working on food of some sort.

The reason I was hesitant about Periscope in the first place is because my house is loud.  Four kids are noisy.  There's no way around that.  But the two times I'm most often in the kitchen are usually times when the kids are either outside, or have just gotten done with a chunk of school and want to play.

Lately Hannah has been my kitchen helper, but she mostly just likes to hang out in the same room as me, and she doesn't do more than try to ask me questions occasionally or help dump ingredients into a bowl and ask to hold something.  Elizabeth crawls in and out of the room, but again, she's not too loud on her own either.

So it works.  I get food prep done, and I enjoy it a lot more because I'm engaging my brain.  I'm learning more about budgeting, natural living, books, food, making money from home, and who knows what else.

So who do I listen to?  These are my favorites (the links take you to their blogs, and their Periscope handles are in parentheses):

I follow a few more bloggers I like, but they haven't actually done any scopes yet.  Even if they did, I don't know if I would add more to what I'm listening to right now.  Crystal is doing two scopes a day right now for her book launch, and both Tiffany and Ruth are running 31 Day challenges in October, so they're scoping every single day (except Sundays, I think).  So I have plenty to listen to, but I don't want to add more unless some of the current ones slow down.

Of course, the obvious question then, is are you on Periscope?  Is there anyone I absolutely have to add to my list?

2 comments:

  1. I love Periscope! I also like Sarah Mackenzie, author of Teaching from Rest. She's a homeschooling mom.
    Other than her I usually watch Stacy and Crystal as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really found too many homeschoolers that I listen to or follow. Maybe I'll have to check that one out too!

      Delete