Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My List Of Intimidating Foods

I don't know about you, but there are some foods that are absolutely intimidating to me.  Whether it's the ingredients, the process, or just that I've never done them homemade before, I have a list of several intimidating foods.

I'd like to start tackling these, because I think it will be good to get out of my comfort zone, and because some of these I know we could make better at home, but I've been buying them anyways.

My list of intimidating foods:
  • Homemade yogurt
  • Homemade tortillas
  • Cooking a steak
  • Homemade salad dressing (I actually did try making one once, but it wasn't that great)
  • Chocolate soufflee
  • Gingerbread house from scratch
  • Eggplant lasagna
  • Rolled out pie crust (I've done a whole wheat one that you just mix in the dish and press in, but I'd like to make an actual rolled out one, maybe even with a fancy top)
  • Quinoa
  • Meringue
I'm sure that I'll have more as I think about it, but here's what I've got so far. One of this month's goals is to tackle one of these intimidating foods. Which one should I try? What's on your intimidating food list?

No comments:

Post a Comment