Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

iDad T-Shirt: A Naptime Project

Naptime projects are quick, easy projects that can be done in less than an hour while the little one(s) sleep.


Jesse's birthday is on Thursday. He is a hard person to shop for, because there are a few boring things that he needs, and not too much that he wants. So I decided to make him an iDad shirt, since he likes his iPad so much. I had seen a few freezer paper tutorials for putting designs on shirts, but a) I couldn't find freezer paper, b) I didn't want to cut out the stencils for this text because that would have been hard, and c) we already had this print and iron-on paper.

I went to good old Wikipedia and discovered that Apple's font is a variation of Garamond, so I just used that. Close enough. For the iron-on, you have to reverse the text, so I made my words into WordArt in Microsoft Word so that I could flip them around. It took me a little while to figure out how to do that, which is why I mention it. (The little words say "Established 2009", by the way - that's when Jonah was born).


I printed it out yesterday and stuck it in a drawer (it's supposed to dry for at least 30 minutes, and I figured the kids would be awake by then). So I ironed it on today. Finished shirt! The whole thing was pretty inexpensive (Walmart sells plain t-shirts in the craft section for just over $3.00), and I think he'll find it funny, like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment