Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

An Actual Craft Project!

What's this? An actual craft project on my crafty blog? I know, I know, it's been far too long. I've been meaning to make this nifty magazine holder for awhile, but I knew it was time when Jesse asked me why an empty cereal box had been sitting on the table for the past two weeks.

Materials:
  • Empty cereal box
  • Wrapping paper or scrapbook paper
  • Decorations of your choice
  • Hot glue gun
  • Tape

Directions:

Cut cereal box so it looks like one of those fancy store-bought magazine holders. You know, angled down so you can see what's inside it. Then wrap it with pretty paper. I chose a pretty Tiffany's blue, which isn't exactly showing up in my pictures. *Helpful hint: Make the seams of your paper meet at the back (the longest side, which is to the right in the picture below) and the bottom, which won't be showing when you have this set out.*

Decorate! I used ribbon and my hot glue gun. I may add more later on, but for now, I like it. Now to read those magazines...

No comments:

Post a Comment