Search This Blog

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sugar Cookies

I like to make the more complicated cookies around Christmas time. I guess I just don't take the time otherwise, but I really should. I love baking! I knew I wanted to do sugar cookies, so I got out Grandma Winter's recipe and realized that I don't have shortening, nor did I really want to buy it for just this one recipe.

I found this one to use instead. The problem with this one, which I realized once I had made and chilled the dough, was that it's too soft and sticky to be conducive to shapes. Sad. So circle sugar cookies for us this year.

On the plus side, they are really delicious cookies. They aren't quite as sweet as they could be, although I'm almost positive that's because I used wheat flour instead of all purpose. I would bet that people will still be willing to share, and I know for sure that Jonah will go a little crazy when he sees them in the morning.

Baked goodies, gooey frosting, and sprinkles to top. What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment