Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

So far we have been sticking pretty close to the two-week plan I posted last week. I spiced up the veggie stir fry a bit with garlic, red pepper flakes, and curry powder, and added some almonds to mine. It was delicious! I will definitely do that again. We just munched on snacky foods one night, so we just got rid of the freezer food night.

So, for this week, we still have planned:

Monday: Tortilla Pizzas
Tuesday/Wednesday: Cornbread Taco Bake
Thursday/Friday: Homemade Pizzas
Saturday/Freezer: Spinach Lentil Pasta (because I just realized that we'll be doing family Christmases and those meals will be taken care of, so part of this will go in the freezer)

The hardest part for us lately has been lunch time. We've been rotating turkey sandwiches, macaroni & cheese, and frozen pizzas. I know we can do better than that, but those are quick and easy. Salad fixings don't last very long, although I suppose I could start picking some up for the first few days after grocery shopping. Anyone have any good lunch ideas that are toddler friendly?

If I have time this week, I want to try to make up a big batch of pancakes or waffles for the freezer, or possibly even some muffins or banana bread. I like having baked yummies for breakfast, but I never feel like making them at 6:00 in the morning. I can't imagine why... With the holiday baking I have yet to do, this may get pushed back until next week, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment