Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome Back!

Happy New Year!  And welcome back to the blog!  I'm really excited to start a new year and fill it with all sorts of fun things.

But first, here's a bit of what we've been doing over the past month and a half or so...
A few days after Elizabeth was born, I crossed something off my bucket list: donating my hair to Locks of Love.  The current cut is a bit shorter than I would normally go, but that's what I needed to do to get to the length requirement for Locks of Love, and I was ready to be done having long hair.  I liked how it looked, but it was more high maintenance than I want at this point in my life.
We moved!  Here's our new house.  It's huge.  It has definitely been an adjustment from living in tiny apartments, but it's kind of nice to find the best place for everything instead of struggling to make things fit.
We had a baby!  Elizabeth Irene was born November 19 at 7:37pm.  She tied Hannah for being my biggest baby at 8lbs. 2oz.  She's a very peaceful kid, but likes to be awake in the middle of the night, which has resulted in more co-sleeping than I was planning on, because mama needs her rest, however she can get it!  I have definitely noticed that I'm able to have more of a "go with the flow" mindset this time around than I have in the past.  Parenting stretches me as a person, and that's a good thing.
Life is finally slowing down for our family, and I get to hang out with these four crazy kids every day.  They all have such unique personalities, and I love seeing that shine through!


No comments:

Post a Comment