Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2014

What We've Been Up To Lately...

I promised I was back to blogging, and then another month of silence happened.  Here's a bit of what we've been doing since I stopped posting...

We moved. 
We carried all of our stuff down the hallway to a bigger apartment.  There was no packing involved, but there were many trips back and forth, and a lot of reorganizing since the layout is reversed in some rooms and storage is way different.

Jesse went to Israel for 10 days.
I had grand ambitions of getting a lot of projects done while he was gone, of getting ahead on the blog, and of just being productive.  The first night my back spasmed so bad I could barely move, and I spent the next week and a half recovering from that.  Most nights by the time the kids went to bed I was feeling energetic enough to turn on the tv, watch one episode of something, and go to bed.  We spent a few days at my parents' house in the middle, but overall it was a lot of time with me and the kids alone.  We survived, but it was not the productive time I expected.  

We got stuck in survival mode.
Along those same lines, my allergies came back with a vengeance (grass pollen is at its highest right now), and we all caught a pretty awful cold that we're still getting over. Pregnancy makes me not always want to cook, so there was some eating out involved, and a general laziness in getting things done.  Hopefully that will improve now.

We went fishing. 
We have taken several trips to the park, and even went fishing once we got our licenses. This was the boys' first time fishing, and while we didn't catch anything, it was a lot of fun.

We visited my Grandma and saw my sister and her family.
(my parents with all the grandkids)
We took a day trip down to Watertown (about an hour and a half away) to visit my Grandma. My sister and her family were visiting from Colorado, so they and my parents drove over also. We had lunch and spent a few hours there, and it was great to see everyone.

We did a garage sale with some church members, and took a bunch of unsold items to the thrift store.

We got Hannah down to one bottle a day.

As I mentioned in my May Goals update, we have been working on getting Hannah to drink out of her sippy cup, and we went from 3 bottles a day to only 1 in the evening.  The other fun part of feeding Hannah is that she has some constipation issues that seem to be related to certain grains (not oats), so we've been working on narrowing that down, as well as figuring out easy and healthy finger foods for her to eat, especially for snacks.  This is my least favorite part of feeding kids, as they are semi-independent, but still learning, but we're getting there.

Overall, I'm trying to focus on what we have accomplished, and not on the things that didn't get done (like the past couple Iron Craft challenges I've missed, or the stuff that still isn't organized and put away). There will always be more to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment