Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

Monday: Pizza Pockets (plus extra for the freezer)
Tuesday: Veggie Stir Fry
Wednesday: Enchiladas, with the sauce from this recipe  (but with ground turkey, beans, and corn inside)
Thursday-Sunday: The boys and I will be traveling to a few family graduations and parties, so Jesse will be eating leftover enchiladas, pizza pockets from the freezer, and frozen pizzas for his dinners.  Not the greatest, but he likes that it will all be pretty much ready to eat.

Since I'll be gone for a chunk of this week, I wanted to make sure we had an easy meal plan, so I wouldn't have to worry about spending a lot of time on food preparation before we go, and so Jesse would have food to eat while we're gone.  He is a good cook, but he tends to use more expensive ingredients and make tons of dishes when he cooks, so this is my way of staying on budget, and not coming home to a sink full of dishes.  This is also a week where I spent a little extra money on easy snacks for the boys, like goldfish crackers and single-serve fruit cups.  They think "trip snacks" are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment