Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cinnamon Banana Bread Mini Muffins

I had a few bananas getting ripe on the counter, but I didn't want to just make plain old banana bread again. It's good, but I wanted something different. So...Cinnamon Banana Bread Mini Muffins!

Please excuse their massive muffin tops, as I filled the pan a wee bit too full.

Ingredients:
  • 2-3 bananas, mashed
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • pinch of salt
  • 1-1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon (for topping)
  • 2 tsp. brown sugar (for topping)
Directions:
Melt butter and mix in mashed bananas. Add sugar, egg, and vanilla, and stir. Add baking soda, 1 tsp. cinnamon, salt, and flour, and mix just until combined. Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray (or line with mini muffin liners), and fill 3/4 full with batter. Not all the way full like I did. In a small bowl, mix 1 tsp. cinnamon and brown sugar. Sprinkle on top of batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 minutes. Makes 22-24 mini muffins.

I basically took my standard banana bread recipe, added cinnamon to it, and added a topping. I did have to baby-sit the oven to find out how long they would take to bake, but otherwise, this was an easy kitchen experiment, and now I have another option when I get some older bananas!

Also, thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Probst, who brought us back freshly ground cinnamon from Mexico, which inspired this recipe. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment