Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Mini Umbrella Wreath: A Naptime Project

Naptime projects are quick, easy projects that can be done in less than an hour while the little one(s) are asleep.

I knew as soon as I saw this project on Pinterest that I would be making it. I just had to find a time to do so. Naptime today seemed like a good time.

I bought these little drink umbrellas several years ago to decorate for something in college. I forget what exactly. It's been awhile. Maybe my birthday party freshman year? And they've been sitting with my crafty supplies ever since. I also used a dollar store wreath, and ribbon that I had on hand to hang it. That means, total cost for this cute little summer wreath: $1!

I poked somewhere around 22 umbrellas through the wreath. Then I made sure to trim the backs, because yikes! that would hurt. And would make it stand out from the door funny.

And then I hung it up. All in all, it took me about 20 minutes, but only because I tried a couple lengths of ribbon before I settled on nice and short.


How cute and summery!

P.S. Crafty Link-Up will be back next week. It slipped my mind to finish up the post yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment