Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Menu Plan Monday and 7 Layer Casserole Recipe

Monday: 7 Layer Casserole
Tuesday/Wednesday: Multi Bean Soup
Thursday/Friday: Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Broccoli and Mushrooms - one of my absolute favorites!
Saturday/Sunday: TBD

7 Layer Casserole

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
  • 1 can corn
  • 2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
  • 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey, cooked
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 4 strips bacon, cooked
  • shredded cheese (optional)
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

Pour rice, corn, and one can tomato sauce + 1/2 can water in bottom of casserole dish. Add ground beef and second can tomato sauce + 1/2 can water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with onion and green pepper, followed by strips of bacon. Bake covered at 350 F for 25 minutes. Top with shredded cheese, uncover, and bake 5 minutes, until cheese melts.

I should note that 9 times out of 10, I make this casserole without the onion, green pepper, and bacon. In fact, when I got this recipe from my mom, I was surprised to find those ingredients listed, because I didn't remember ever having them in there. Regardless, it's very simple, and I always have the rest of the ingredients on hand if I need a quick and easy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment