Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2015

KonMari Clothing Part 2

 
So way back in August, I posted about reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, and starting with my clothes (pictured above).  And then that same week Jesse went through his clothes, and I went through the kids clothes a week or two later.  That was great!

But then those clothes that we no longer wanted just sat there.  And sat there.  And now, it's October.  They need to go.
First, I cut up some stained old shirts to use for rags.  The smaller ones are more of a use-once-then-toss kind of rag, and the bigger ones we'll wash and reuse.  It was easy, and it didn't take that long.  Like most things I put off doing...
Then I gathered all the reject clothes to the living room.  Hannah was excited by this novelty.  I grabbed the big pile from our bedroom, the smaller pile in the extra room, and even the bins from the garage sale out in the garage (which didn't make it to the picture, so just imagine 3 more big bins).  Every stinkin' bit of clothing.  
And we sorted.  I put signs up in chairs, on baskets, in extra bins, and gave each size a number, so I could just tell the kids "put this in bin 4" or "put this by number 2".  They actually thought it was fun for most of it, which was helpful.

Once it was all sorted by size, I started taking pictures of the different sizes of clothes.  I'm hoping to be able to sell especially some of the kid clothes in large lots on a semi-local garage sale site.  If not, they're going to the thrift store by Jesse's birthday (November 10).  

I've set a date, and I made some good progress this week.  Hopefully, we'll be able to make a few dollars as well as get all these extra clothes out of the house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment