Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Iron Craft Challenge #10: E Is For...Embroidered Card

This week's challenge was another alphabet one, which I like, because they're pretty broad.  I have trouble when the focus is too narrow.  In this case, E is for embroidered card.  I've done embroidery, and I've attempted to make pretty cards, so why not combine the two?  I've seen this on Pinterest too, and it looked easy enough.
Most of the cards I make are really random sizes.  I picked up a big bundle of envelopes for 50 cents once upon a time, so I just size the paper to fit whichever envelope I'm using.  
First I wrote out what I wanted to embroider in pencil.
Then I started.  This was actually really easy, and fairly quick, and I like how it looks.  Makes my handwriting look fancier than it actually is...
I finished the front off with a couple of lovebirds and some Sharpie.  All in all, I think it turned out really cute, and I'll probably use this technique again.

2 comments:

  1. Now, I am thinking I want to get some cards with just pretty images & embellish them with embroidery!

    ReplyDelete