Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

Menu Plan June 10-16

For awhile now, I've been doing weekly menu plan posts on Mondays.  But since I actually plan menus twice a month, it makes more sense to me to switch to posting my menu plans twice a month too.  With moving and getting our new apartment set up, things have been pretty hectic, but we are starting to slow back down into a routine, including regular meals at home. 

Here are our dinner plans for the rest of the first half of the month:

(10) Monday: Chicken Fajitas, Fresh Fruit
(11) Tuesday: Eggs with Veggies, English Muffin Bread, Fresh Fruit
(12) Wednesday: Pizza (Sausage, Mushroom, Olives, Peppers)
(13) Thursday: Cheesy Chicken Rice Casserole
(14) Friday: Leftover Casserole
(15) Saturday: Black Bean Burgers, Homemade Buns, Crockpot Baked Beans
(16) Sunday: Hot Dogs, Homemade Buns, Leftover Baked Beans

I'm going to attempt to make homemade hot dog buns (a first), and since our hamburger bun recipe always makes too many, I'm going to split it and do half hamburger buns and half hot dog buns.  I have no idea if that will work, but it's worth a try.

A new town equals new grocery shopping options.  Our little town only has one small Piggly Wiggly (although it is right across the street from our apartment complex), but the bigger town 10 minutes down the road has the Walmart and Aldi that I'm used to.  I discovered that there are certain things the local store doesn't carry (like my favorite brand of coffee, or 1 lb. rolls of sausage), but some of the sale prices in the ad were really good, and they have a points program that gives gas rewards, so I'll be splitting my time between that and "in town". 

1 comment:

  1. I like Piggly Wiggly {though I'm guessing ours is bigger.} You're right, though, I usually just grabbed the sale items which were great sales but the other prices were somewhat meh.
    Hope your transistioning is going well.

    ReplyDelete