Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Goals Update

Crafts:
  • Do a Ukraine Travel Shadow Box from my trip in 2004 (it's about time!) and a Twins fan shadow box, both with little items I've been saving. I pulled out the stuff for these, and then didn't do anything with it.
  • Start working on the big background for my Advent calendar. This didn't happen either.  I spent more time cleaning and organizing this month (can you say nesting?) than crafting, which is okay.
Food:

  • Make tortillas from scratch. For some reason I'm still really intimidated with this, so I haven't done it yet.
  • Come up with a few meals to get prepped and in the freezer for when Hannah comes. I baked extra muffins for breakfasts, and I found a good coupon deal on frozen pizzas.  Does that count?
  • Try at least 3 recipes from my new cookbook (More Peas, Thank You). We had Portabella Fajitas, Thin Mint Cookies, and Peach Cornmeal Muffins.
Other:

  • Go through the newborn to 3 month clothes we have and pull out all the ones that aren't blatantly "boy clothes" for Hannah. And then find a shelf or dresser to store them in. I pulled out all of the girl clothes and separated out the smaller ones.  I also stored the bigger ones in the right tubs for the future.  But I didn't find a dresser yet - they're still piled on the sewing table upstairs.
  • Consistently read from my Bible or devotion book each day. We've started a chronological reading of the Bible (in the order it was written rather than the order it's put together), and it's really cool.
  • Print out the numbers for the years in my cards/pictures album (where I keep photos, announcements, and other fun mail that we get each year). Didn't do this either.
Overall, I didn't do a lot of my listed goals this month.  I'm getting more uncomfortable (and very impatient) the closer I get to my due date.  I don't have a lot planned for May, intentionally, because I know things will be crazy enough as it is.  Hopefully I will still be able to do a few things though!

No comments:

Post a Comment