Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Iron Craft Challenge #16: State Fair

The challenge this time around was to create something you could enter in one of the Minnesota State Fair categories.  I picked needlework for my category, and I embroidered a large cloth for a kitchen towel for my brother and his fiancee for the bridal shower my mom and I threw last weekend.  
I've seen so many embroidered towels on Pinterest, and it's been one of those projects I've wanted to do for awhile, but I hadn't found the right towels and I hadn't found a design I wanted to do.
So for this one, I picked colors I liked, made up a pretty looking font on some scratch paper, and traced it along with their wedding date.  The whole thing actually didn't take that long to do, and it gave me hopes for future embroidered towels for my own kitchen...
As a side note, this shower was the first time baby Elizabeth got to meet my Grandma, who she was named after.  It was really awesome for me (Elizabeth missed her nap, so she was not as impressed)...

No comments:

Post a Comment