Search This Blog

Monday, September 2, 2013

Menu Plan September 2-15

Here's what we have planned for the first half of September.  I did all the grocery shopping on Saturday and then did a bunch of prep work too so that I would be able to take it easy for most of the time surrounding my birthday.  A trip to my parents helps!

Breakfasts:
  • Pumpkin Muffins from the freezer
  • French Toast (or an overnight French Toast Casserole if I remember to make one up)
  • Chocolate Chip Monkey Muffins
  • Oatmeal with Dried Fruits and Nuts
  • Cereal
Lunches:
  • Tomato Soup from the freezer
  • Chicken Enchilada Chili
  • Turkey Sandwiches/Wraps
  • PB&J Sandwiches
  • Cheese Tortillas
  • Salads
  • Hot Dogs
Dinners:

(2) Monday: Stuffed Mushrooms
(3) Tuesday: Chicken and Black Bean Lettuce Cups similar to these
(4) Wednesday: Simple Potato Soup (veggies except for potatoes chopped and in the fridge)
(5) Thursday: Black Bean Burgers
(6) Friday: Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken (prepped this on Saturday and stuck it in the freezer)
(7) Saturday: Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna Roll-ups with homemade spaghetti sauce from all the tomatoes we've been given (mushrooms are already chopped and cooked and in the freezer)

I'll be cooking up a big batch of black beans all at once for 3 meals on Tuesday, and making broth in the crockpot on Monday. 

(8-11) Sunday-Wednesday: Trip to Winona
(12) Thursday: Veggie Stir Fry with the sauce from this recipe
(13) Friday: Chicken Fajitas (prepped this on Saturday and stuck it in the freezer)
(14) Saturday: Broccoli Mushroom Alfredo
(15) Sunday: Family Dinner

I'm linking up to Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have all that prep work done! I'm a little jealous; I'm having a hard time just making myself come up with a menu, let alone do any prep work. Want to come do mine? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time I am not nearly this far ahead. But I figured it would be good to have things done before our trip, and so we could take advantage of some of the yummy produce we've been given before it goes bad. I definitely know how you feel though!

      Delete